Are you a first-time homebuyer looking to purchase a condo, a loft, or a townhome in the Minneapolis, St Paul or the surrounding area?
Please find below a few first-time home buying steps that you should consider when you are preparing to the start the real estate buying process.
- Interview & select a REALTOR®
- Meet with a mortgage loan officer (if you are not paying cash for a property)
I highly recommend you ask questions pertaining to the mortgage process.
- Obtain a mortgage pre-approval
- Analyze your needs & wants pertaining to property type, minimum bedrooms & baths, square footage, etc…
- Research the locations & neighborhoods
- View properties in your locations of interest
- Write an offer to purchase
- Negotiate terms & conditions
- Final Acceptance
- Private Home Inspection Contingency (if elected)
- Review the Homeowner/Condo Association Document (HOA) – 10 days review period
- Obtain a Mortgage Commitment (discuss with your loan officer pertaining to the mortgage process)
- Title search
- Purchase a HO6 or Homeowners Insurance Policy
- Review you Closing Disclosure (CD) prior to closing (Obtain a copy of the CD from your mortgage loan officer and/or title company)
- Property Final Walk-Through
- Bring Funds to Closing
- Close on Your Condo or Home
- Welcome to Homeownership!
Finding the perfect a condo/loft, a townhome,or a home can be a dream come true, but locating your ideal one and owning one may take some effort. However, the vision of urban living in Minneapolis or St Paul and owning a condo/loft, a townhome, or a home can be potentially in your near future.