E Mississippi River/University of Minnesota/E Hennepin Ave/Central Ave
W 38th Ave S/E 27th St-34th St/E & NE Mississippi River
The Cooper neighborhood was named after an American novelist, James Fenimore Cooper.
- Cooper-Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
N 40th St/S 54th St E/E Mississippi River/W & S Hiawatha Ave
The Hiawatha neighborhood was named after an American poet, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
- Hiawatha-Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
- Metro Blue Line (Hiawatha-Minneapolis)
- Hiawatha Neighborhood Center
- Hiawatha Golf Course
- Cardinal Tavern
N 34th St/ E West River Parkway/S 40th St/W Hiawatha Ave
The Howe neighborhood was named after Julia Ward Howe, the author of “The Battle Hymn of the Republic.”
- Howe-Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
- Rail Station & Bar
W Hiawatha Ave/E 38th Ave/N & S 27th St-34th St
The Longfellow neighborhood was named after an American poet, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
- Longfellow Community Council
- Longfellow-Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
- City Pages voted Neighborhood-Minneapolis Award for 2013
- Longfellow Recreational Center
- Longfellow Community Garden
- Longfellow Grill
- Birchwood Café
- Mother Earth Garden
54th Street to the north, 46th Avenue to the east, the Twin Cities Air Force Base to the south, and 34th Avenue to the west.
West bank of Mississippi River/S 27th St E/W Hiawatha Ave
The Seward neighborhood was named after William Seward, a former secretary state under Abraham Lincoln.
- Seward Neighborhood Group
- Seward Community Co-op
- Playwrights Center
- Seward-Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
N 42nd & 43rd St/E Hiawatha Ave/S Minnehaha Parkway/W Cedar Ave
The Ericsson neighborhood was named after a Swedish engineer, John Ericsson.
- Standish-Ericsson Neighborhood Association
- Ericsson-Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
- Angry Catfish Bicycle & Coffee Bar
- Chris & Robs
W Highway 35W/S Minnehaha Parkway/E Chicago Ave/N 46th St E
The Field neighborhood was named after a children’s poetry writer, Eugene Field.
- Field-Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
Nicollet Island/East Bank
Hennepin Ave E/First Ave NE/E Mississippi River/
Nicollet Island was named after Joseph Nicollet, a mathematician and a scientist.
S Mississippi River/Borders east side of St. Paul/W of University of Minnesota
- Prospect Park-Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
- Prospect Park East River Neighborhood
- Malcolm Willey House
- Cup Cake
- East River Parkway
Highway 62/Hiawatha Ave/E Minnehaha Parkway/E 58th St
- Nokomis East Neighborhood Association
- Nokomis-Minneapolis Neighborhood Association
- Lake Nokomis – Minneapolis Park & Recreation
Highway 35W/W Second Ave S/E Cedar Ave & Highway 77/S Highway 62/E 55th St/N Diamond Lake Rd.
- Hale-Page-Diamond Lake Community Association
- Diamond Lake-Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
SE 14th Ave SE/4th St SE
The Marcy-Holmes neighborhood was named after an American secretary of state and statesman, William L. Marcy, and also an American poet, Oliver W. Holmes.
- Marcy Holmes Neighborhood Association
- Marcy Holmes-Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
- Dinkytown Business Association
- Loring Pasta Bar
SW Highway 62 & Xerxes Ave S/N 54th Street W/E Logan Ave S
The Armatage was named the “Best Neighborhood” in 2012.
The neighborhood was named after Maude Armatage was the first first woman on the Minneapolis Board of Park Commissioners (1921-1951).
- Café Maude Bistro & Bar – 5411 Penn Ave. South, Minneapolis, MN 55419
- Armatage Park & Recreation Center
- Armatage Neighborhood Association
- Armatage Minneapolis Schools
N 36th St/S 46th St/E Lyndale
- East Harriet Neighborhood Association
- East Harriet-Minneapolis Neighborhood Dat
N 47th St W/E Penn Ave S/S 54th St W/W France Ave S
- Fulton Neighborhood Association
- Fulton-Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
- Fulton Farmer’s Market
Highway 62/54th St/E Lyndale Ave S/W Logan Ave S
- Kenny Neighborhood
Kenny-Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
N 46th St/E Highway 35W/S 54th St & Diamond Lake Rd/W Lyndale Ave S
- Tangletown Neighborhood Association
- Tangletown-Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
- Wise Acre Eatery
- Tangletown Gardens
Lyndale Ave S/Highway 121/Diamond Lake Rd. /54th St W/Highway 35W & Highway 62
The Windom neighborhood was named after a Minnesota Senator William Windom.
- Windom-Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
E Highway 35W/W Lyndale Ave S/N 36th St/S 46th St
The Kingfield neighborhood was named after an ex-congressman, Colonel William S. King.
- Kingfield Neighborhood Association
- Kingfield-Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
- Kingfield Farmer’s Market
- Currans Restaurant
N 36th St W & Lake Calhoun/E William Berry Drive & Lake Harriet/S 47th St W/W France Ave S
- Linden Hills Neighborhood Council
- Linden Hills Co-op
- Great Harvest Bread
- Trattoria Tosca
- Como-Harriet Street Car Lines
- Linden Hills-Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
S Lake Harriet/N Minnehaha Creek/Lyndale Ave S & Penn Ave S/N 46th St & S 54th St
- Lynnhurst Neighborhood Association
- Lynnhurst-Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
- Lynnhurst Recreational Center
- Sparrow Cafe
Minneapolis – Northeast Neighborhoods
N Lowry Ave NE/E Emerson Ave N/W Broadway Ave NE
- The neighborhood of Jordan-Minneapolis was named after Emeritus C. Morison, a past Minneapolis Public Schools Superintendent.
- Jordan Community Council
Jordan-Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
N 19th Ave NE/E Central Ave NE/S Broadway Ave NE/W Washington St NE
The Logan Park neighborhood was named after U.S. Senator John A. Logan (Civil War General).
Logan Park is in the center of the NE Minneapolis art district.
Logan Park-Minneapolis neighborhood data
N St. Anthony Parkway/S Lowry Ave NE/W Mississippi River/E 4th St NE & University Ave NE
The Marshall Terrace neighborhood was named after the Minnesota 5th governor, William R. Marshall.
- Marshall Terrace Neighborhood
- Marshall Terrace Neighborhood Data
S West Broadway/Penn Ave-Xerxes Ave
- Willard Hay-Neighborhood Data
S Broadway Ave NE/SE Highway 35 W/N 18th Ave NE & New Brighton Blvd./W Central Ave NE
- Jim Lupine Water Park
- Northeast Park Neighborhood Association
Washington St NE/S Broadway Ave NE/N 18th & 19th Ave NE/E Mississippi River
The Sheridan neighborhood was named after Civil War General Philip Sheridan. The Grain Belt Brewery building (closed in 1975) resides in the Sheridan neighborhood.
- Sheridan Neighborhood Organization
- Sheridan-Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
St. Anthony East
N Broadway Ave NE/E-SE Central Ave NE/S Second Ave NE/W Fifth & Washington St NE
- St. Anthony East Neighborhood Association
- St. Anthony East Neighborhood Data
St. Anthony West
St. Anthony west neighborhood is on the upper east banks of the Mississippi River and St. Anthony Falls.
- St. Anthony Main
- Wild Roast Cafe
- Boom Island Park
- St. Anthony West Neighborhood Association
N 37th Ave NE/E Stinson Blvd. /S St. Anthony Parkway/W Central Ave NE
The Waite Park neighborhood was named after Edward Foote Waite, judge of the District Court of Hennepin County.
- Waite Park Community Council
- Waite Park-Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
N Lowry Ave NE/W Central Ave NE/S 18th Ave NE/E New Brighton Blvd.
The neighborhood of Windom Park was named after William Windom, a Minnesota senator and also a secretary of the U.S. Department of Treasury.
- Windom Park-Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
N Highway 55/E Highway 94 & Lyndale Ave N/S Bassett’s Creek/W Theodore Wirth Parkway
The Harrison neighborhood was named after the ninth president of U.S., William H. Harrison.
- Harrison Neighborhood Association
- Harrison-Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
W Emerson Ave/S Broadway Ave NE/N Lowry Ave NE/E Mississippi River
The Hawthorne-Minneapolis neighborhood was named after Nathaniel Hawthorne, American Writer.
- Fairview Tower
- Hawthorne Community Council
- Hawthorne-Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
N Broadway St NE/E Highway 35 W/E Hennepin Ave/W Central Ave-Harrison St NE
The Beltrami neighborhood was named after an Italian jurist, explorer and scholar, Giacomo Constantino Beltrami.
Beltrami Park has soccer and softball fields, tennis and basketball courts.
- Beltrami Neighborhood Council
W Mississippi River/E University Ave/ N Lowry Ave/ S 16th & 17th Ave NE
The Bottineau neighborhood was named after leader Pierre Bottineau, pioneer and explorer.
- Bottineau Neighborhood Association
- Northeast Minneapolis Art Association
- Mulberry Junction Community Garden
N 37th Ave/E Central Ave/S 27th Ave/St. Anthony Blvd./W University Ave NE/4th Street NE-Mississippi River
The neighborhood was named after a park (Columbia Park) and also, the Columbian year.
- Columbia Park Neighborhood Association
N 27th Ave NE/S 17th & 19th Ave NE/E Central Ave/W University Ave NE
The Holland Neighborhood was named after an American editor and educator, Josiah G. Holland.
- Holland Neighborhood Improvement Association
- Holland-Minneapolis neighborhood data
Minneapolis – North Neighborhoods
N West Broadway Ave /W Penn Ave/N Olson Memorial Highway/11th Ave N/E Mississippi River
- Near North-Minneapolis Neighborhood Data
53rd Ave N/Mississippi River E/S Lowry Ave/N Xerxes Ave N
- Camden News
- Camden Neighborhood Center
Dowling Ave N/S Lowry Ave/E Penn Ave-Xerxes Ave
The Cleveland neighborhood was names after Grover Cleveland (previous president of US).
- Cleveland Neighborhood Association
N-S Dowling Ave to Lowry Ave/E-W Dupont Ave to Penn Ave
The Folwell neighborhood was named after the first president of the University of Minnesota president, Dr. William Folwell.
- Folwell Neighborhood Association
W Penn Ave-Newton Ave/E Xerxes Ave/S Dowling Ave-Humboldt Ave
The Victory neighborhood was named a memorial to World War veterans and fallen (Victory Memorial). There are bike paths on Victory Memorial Drive, which is on the Grand Round Parkway Bypass.
- Victory Neighborhood Association
- City Pages named Victory as the “Best Undiscovered Neighborhood.”
- Victory 44 Coffee Bar & Bistro
N Dowling Ave-S Dowling Ave/W Dupont Ave/E Mississippi River
The McKinley neighborhood was named after the 25th president of US, William McKinley.
- McKinley Neighborhood Association
N 53rd Ave/E Mississippi River/E 49th Ave N –Lyndale Ave N
The Lind-Bohanon neighborhood was named after a famous Swedish soprano, Jenny Lind.
- Lind-Bohanon Neighborhood Association
N 53rd Ave/E Humboldt Ave/S 49th Ave N
Shingle Creek runs north to south into the Mississippi River surrounded by parkland.
- Shingle Creek Neighborhood Association
- Shingle Creek Neighborhood Data
Highway 52/S 45th Ave –Webber Parkway
The Webber-Camden neighborhood was named after Charles C. Webber and also after Camden, New Jersey.
- Weber-Camden Neighborhood Data